Download rate isn't stable
On Windows the download rate may rise then suddenly fall. It may be related to the system cache which can be deactivated in the hard drive properties page.
- Try to check is some more options can be used when a file is opened or written : https://github.com/Ummon/D-LAN/blob/master/application/Core/FileManager/priv/Cache/File.cpp#L278
- There is some interesting options here (like FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363858%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
- Official documentation about file buffering : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc644950%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
- Article about system buffering: http://nasutechtips.blogspot.fr/2010/09/fileflagnobuffering-and-file-readwrite.html
- Look if the Qt layer is optimal and can be replaced by ours.