- Use of ' when referencing a name like 'myVar'
- Use of " when referencing a value like "my string"
- Class and method documentation headers are put in cpp files.
Libraries and tools¶
- GCC, Qt and libraries shall only be updated to a new version in the master branch and never in a version branch.
See the prototypes for code reference : source:/prototypes.
Some random rules¶
- We use Allman style with three spaces indentation, no tabulation.
- Try to minimize the use of dynamic allocation. Use constructor initializer to set non-pointer members.
- Use const parameter references variable passing instead of pointers.
- Always have the design pattern RAII in mind.
- Avoid exception specification, see : http://www.ddj.com/architect/184401544
A version number has three numbers plus a tag and some other information :
<a>.<b>.<c> <tag> <date+time> <tree hash>
<a> : Major version
<b> : Evolution
<c> : Revision (bugfixes)
<tag> : alpha | beta<num> | <nothing>
<date+time> : Date and time of the built tree, for example : 2009-08-01 17:42Z. See ISO8601
<tree hash> : The hash of the built tree, for example : b53118220bb28abf649df43fc144cc21919b512e
- 1.0.0 alpha (first version)
- 1.0.0 beta1
- 1.0.0 beta2
- 1.0.0 beta3
- 1.0.0 (stable version)
- 1.0.1 (first revision)
- 1.0.2 (second revision)
- 1.1.0 alpha (first evolution)
- 1.1.0 beta
Beta and alpha versions¶
The alpha is a development version not yet finished only for developers.
The beta is an almost released version that can be public.
Only Alpha versions are built in Debug with full log enabled. All other versions are built in release mode.
Updated by Greg Burri almost 11 years ago · 24 revisions