This page describes the protocol used by D-LAN for network communication between core and GUI.
See source:application/Protos/gui_protocol.proto for message details.
- There's can be many GUI connected to one core. This is not a goal to achieve but it can be easily done with the chosen protocol.
- All communication is made on a single TCP connection which is never closed.
There is three types of message.
- Core -> GUI State : The whole state is periodically sent to the GUI, for example each second.
- Core -> GUI Event : Some events can occurs asynchronously like a new chat message or a new log entry.
- GUI -> Core Command : The GUI can send commands to the Core to tell it what to do like download this or browse that. It may or not have a respond from the Core depending of the message.
Updated by Greg Burri about 12 years ago · 8 revisions