Prototypes » History » Revision 18
Prototypes are locate in the '/prototypes' directory in the repository. The goal is to write some code to try to resolve a particular problem which we don't know exactly how to solve.
- Creating SHA-1 hash for each part of a file. See Libraries for the list of SHA-1 lib. We must find the quickest library. The reference in term of speed is sha1sum from the openssl package. The speed is approximately 150Mo/s for a cached file for an Intel 1.8 GHz Core2 CPU.
- Observing the modifications of the files structure to hash new added files and remove hash from the cache when a file is deleted.
- Searching into a large set of files and directories. Measure the average time for about 50'000 files.
- Multicast UDP.
- Serializing and exchanging message with Protocol Buffers in Haskell. see http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/protocol-buffers.
- Reading and writing files with UTF8 characters in theirs filename. Must be tested for the three platforms : Linux, Windows and MacOSX.
- Defining and testing the concurrent model.
- Reading and writing the same file from different threads.
- Efficient of the file transfer over TCP/IP with Haskell. It includes reading, streaming and writing. Comparisons with SMB and NFS.