Algorithms » History » Version 8
Greg Burri, 08/01/2009 05:23 PM
For a functional description see here : [[Functional definition#The-search-window]]
h2. Peer ID
Each peer owns a peer id which is unique and generated during the first start. This ID is used to identify a peer, it's better than the previous usage of peer IP, considering this situation :
* _A_ put in queue a file entry _f_ from _B_, _B_ doesn't know the hashes of this file entry.
* _B_ change his IP address.
* _A_ want to download _f_, it can ask _B_ for the hashes even _B_'s IP changed.
h2. Core threads
There are three kind of threads in the core :
* Downloading thread : @DownloadManager::ChunkDownloader@
* Uploading thread : @UploadManager::Uploader@
* Updating file cache thread : @FileManager::FileUpdater@
See here : [[Protocol_core-core#Downloading-threads]]