Here is a little list of the development stages involve in D-LAN.
- Functional definition.
- Defining of technologies, libraries and tools.
- Creating of some prototypes to validate the point above. They will be reused during the implementation stage.
- Technical specifications. Protocols, algorithms and persistent data. Some prototypes can be added to test algorithms or anything else.
- Architecture of components and theirs interface. -> Component Diagrams.
- Modeling of each components. -> Class diagram, sequence diagram, state diagram, etc..
- Implementation of each component with unit tests, unit benchmarks, and code coverage. Once a component is near finished, a another person of the team will read the code and criticize it.
- Alpha version.
- All features are implemented.
- Only developers have access to it
- Beta versions.
- The tag 1.0.0 beta1 is created.
- Testing with people who didn't participate in the project.
- Profiling, optimizing, simplification and stabilisation. See Stabilisation process
- After some corrected bugs an another beta is created if necessary (beta1, beta2, etc..).
- Final Release \o/
- The 1.0 branch is created
- The tag 1.0.0 is created
- Define the future integration workflow1 with git and Goto 1..