Protocol core-GUI » History » Version 7
Greg Burri, 07/30/2009 04:43 PM
h1. Protocol core-GUI
This page describes the protocol used by Aybabtu for network communication between core and GUI.
See source:application/Protos/gui_protocol.proto for message details.
* There's can be many GUI connected to one core. This is not a goal to achieve but it can be easily done with the chosen protocol.
* All communication is made on a single TCP connection which is never closed.
h2. Message types
There is three types of message.
* _Core -> GUI_ State : The whole state is periodically sent to the GUI, for example each second.
* _Core -> GUI_ Event : Some events can occurs asynchronously like a new chat message or a new log entry.
* _GUI -> Core_ Command : The GUI can send commands to the Core to tell it what to do like download this or browse that. It may or not have a respond from the Core depending of the message.